Website Terms & Conditions
You agree that you will only use our web site in a way, which is consistent with our terms and conditions. We reserve the right to modify or withdraw this site at any time without liability.
We may change these conditions from time to time without prior notice to you. It is your responsibility to regularly check, if any changes have been made to these terms and conditions.
[archasm]™ is committed to protecting your privacy and aware how important it is to you. All information collected on our site is only used to process and administer your competition submission (In accordance to the competitions terms & conditions) and to provide you with a more personalised visit and experience to the site.
All registered trademarks, symbols or words are owned, protected and property of the respective trademark their owners.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We collect either directly from you when you register with our site or through cookies which are information that are stored by your browser on your computer.
- Cookies are small text files that identify your computer to our server and enable us to enhance your visit and experience with us. These cookies record information on viewed pages or adverts, frequency of visited pages and general navigation of our site. These cookies in no way allow us access to your computer and do not store any personal or payment details.
- The personal information collected is mainly used for Competition submission administration and processing (In accordance to the Competitions terms & conditions) We may sometimes also monitor site usage, shopping and traffic patterns to improve the functionality of the site, products and services.
- Details collected upon registration will include your name, email address, postal address and telephone number (where necessary), and by registering with [archasm]™ you agree to the terms and conditions. Your details may also be used to keep you informed of future Competitions or promotions.
[archasm]™ will hold and use your personal data strictly in accordance with India data protection legislation. We will comply with the Data Protection Acts 1984 and 1998
Should you wish for us to no longer hold or use your personal details then you have the option to unregister at any time. To do this please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject “unregister”) stating the registered email address.
You also have the right to request detail of personal information that we hold or stored about you.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
[archasm]™ is aware of how important it is to able to browse safely and securely which is why all sensitive information is collected and process through a secure system. When we require you to enter sensitive information such as payment card details, you will be taken to a secure system and you should see the unbroken key or locked padlock icon at the bottom of your browser and also ‘https’ at the address bar, which indicates a secure system.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
We accept the following credit/debit card methods of payment for your submission:
- Master Card
Note :- Please make sure you provide the cardholder’s name as it is shown on the card, and the cardholder’s address exactly as it appears on the card statement.
[archasm]™ reserves the rights to discontinue any of it’s promotions at anytime.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
[archasm]™ disclaim any and all warranties or association of any kind (expressed or implied) in relation to the Competitions or product or services on this site.
You agree to indemnify [archasm]™ fully from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, legal fees arising out of any breach of these conditions by you or any other liability arising out of your use of this site.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and in accordance with the laws of India.
Competition Terms & Conditions
ORGANISATION AND ADMINISTRATION
Architecture and Design Competitions on archasm.in are organised and administered by [archasm]™.
[archasm]™ reserves its right to assign any judges, agents or other authorised administrator to administer it’s competitions, including making any decision or exercising such at it’s discretion
- By entering [archasm]™ competitions, any and all entrants, participants, and submissions agree in full to these Terms and Conditions and as referred in this document.
- [archasm]™ competitions are open to anyone aged 18 and over. Younger entrants or group of students under 18 years of age must be lead by someone aged 18 or their tutor 18 or over.
- Please read these terms and conditions carefully prior to entry to ensure that you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Competition constitutes agreement to these Rules.
- You must agree to these terms and conditions prior to submitting an entry to the Competition, in order to be eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Organizer with respect to the Competition. You must have access to the Internet and a valid email address in order to enter the Competition.
- Employees of [archasm]™ member of the judging panel and their employees, associates, or partners are prohibited from entering the competition. They are however, encouraged to submit ideas for a special mention but cannot win or be part of the formal competition.
- Entrants may either make a submission individually or as a team (3 people max.).
- Competition entrant are prohibited from sale, assignment or transfer of any of their submission rights a third party.
- Student entrants would be required to proof their status for any student only competitions and the same would be true for professional only competitions should the submission be selected as one of the winning entrants.
- All Submission must strictly conform to any Terms and Conditions and the Rules and Guidelines set by our [archasm]™ Competition Brief.
- Once the final submissions are sent, no additional edits, or change can be made. Upon sent of the final submission each participant will receive a confirmation email notification within five business days.
- By entering the competition, the entrant acknowledges and accepts that all aspects of any submission narrative, description, details, images, illustration and animation may be used for publicity purposes by [archasm]™.
[archasm]™ will only used where necessary, disclosed to third parties for the purposes of running the Competition, any personal information submitted by entrants or participants.
OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT
The ownership of copyright in the work of all submissions will be in accordance with the Copyright and Patent Act 1988, which implies the copyright rests with the author.
No Entrants or participants shall receive or be entitled to receive any payment in any form for submissions or for granting [archasm]™ any right herein, other than for being selected as one of the winning the competition entries.
Subject to any limitation herein, any design, drawings accompanying any entry or submission remains the property of the entrant and may be used for its or their own purpose. [archasm]™ shall treat an entry or submission as being eligible to enter the Competition under Indian Copyright law.
By entering the [archasm]™ competition participants agree on the sharing their entry for making the publication based on the competition results.
Entrants are solely responsible for protecting the intellectual property of any submission to [archasm]™ competitions.
Submission which do not meet or comply with the submission guidelines or found to contain identifying sign or mark that may, in any way, contribute to identifying entrant shall be disqualified and [archasm]™ shall be under no obligation to notify the Entrant or Participant of the disqualified entry or submission. All Submissions after the closing date for a particular competition will be automatically disqualified.
[archasm]™ reserves the right to cancel or suspend or alter the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
Any Compensation will be handled by [archasm]™.
WINNER SELECTION/JUDGE’S DECISION
[archasm]™’s determination of any winning entry or submission through its panel of judges is final.
In the event that a selected winning entry cannot accept, receive or ineligible for the prize for any reason, the prize shall be awarded to the next highest rated entry from the top shortlisted or remaining entries that meet the winning requirement.
[archasm]™’s is association with the competition judges do not imply any legal association, affiliation, contract or partnership in any way shape or form.
[archasm]™ reserves the right to publish such material in whole or in part, or use them in any way it sees fit in connection with this website or its competition without permission of the entrant or payment for such use, subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
[archasm]™ undertakes to scrupulously protect the integrity of its competitions by : –
- A Unique Entrant Registration Number by which each submission received will be administered organized, processed and evaluated. This means that the digital board received will be stored under their registration numbers, with the complementary information kept in a separate file.
- Enforcing the rules that besides the registration number, all illustrations or images accompanying any submission shall be devoid of any marks, logos, symbols or sign that may identify its authority or source.
- Any infringement of these rules will lead to immediate disqualification.
- The jury or judging panel will only be made of the entrants identities only after the evaluation stage and winners are selected. Inviting professional jury and providing a jury report.
- Prizes awarded will be as advertised for each competition, however [archasm]™ reserves the right to add or award additional prizes.
- Documentary evidence of the architect’s or team leader’s right to practice the profession their respective country or country of residence may be required before any awards payment is made to a recipient.
- Photographic identity document such as passport will need to be provided to [archasm]™ before any award payment will be made.
- In the case of a studio or company, then the formal company registration documents will need to be supplied together with photographic identification of director or team leader.
- All Bank account details into which any prize money is to be paid must match that of the registered individual or team leader or studio or company.
- If the winner chooses not to accept the prize, an alternate winner will be chosen.
- All federal, state, and local taxes on the value of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Failure to return of any prize notification requested detail within the deadline date, may result in forfeit of the prize. Any winner or potential who cannot be contacted within fifteen (15) days of attempted first notification may result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
REGISTRATION FEE AND ASSOCIATED COST
There is a registration fee for Competitions on the website and all costs and disbursements incurred by entrants in preparing a submission or entry are the sole responsibility of the entrant.
All registration or submission fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable once an entry is made.
These rules of [archasm]™ Competitions are governed by the laws of India. By participating in this Competition, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the third party resource links or specific products.
PUBLICITY AND PROMOTION
Winners agree to and shall upon request at reasonable notice, participate in : –
- Publicity or promotional activity surrounding the Competition such as interviews, personally or otherwise. Each opportunity shall be taken on merit and the Entrant or participant, shall have the right to decline any such opportunity.
- Any imposed government regulations or economic sanctions by India that prohibit monetary transfer to a Winner’s country of residence shall result in the prize money shall not be awarded to the entrant and at [archasm]™’s discretion may award it to the next highest ranked entry, however will mention the original winning entry in its list of winners.
By submitting an entry to the Competition, you the “Entrant” provide [archasm]™ with a limited, nonexclusive, sublicensable, worldwide, royaltyfree license (but not the obligation), which license is effective in perpetuity, for the duration of the competition / Project and until the end of the judging of the competition, to use, copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, distribute, publicly display by any means and in any media and create derivative works of, and copy, distribute and publicly display such derivative works of your entry solely in connection with the inclusion of your entry in activities related to, and the promotion of, the competition and the particular project, without any further notice or remuneration to you. The rights shall be applied to all existing or future media, and in particular all physical, optical, magnetic, analogical, digital and electronic media, including media such as hardcopies, CDROMs, DVDROMs, hard disks, computers and servers, the Internet, all private or public telecommunication networks, by cable, satellite, radio networks, etc.
By submitting your entry to the Competition you also give [archasm]™ a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, irrevocable license in perpetuity to display and archive your entry on the [archasm]™’s website, www.archasm.in (“Website”), on [archasm]™’s Facebook, Twitter or other social networking / media pages in relation to the Competition or project. Any credits will be with the name you supply to the Competition.
[archasm]™’s shall make commercially reasonable efforts to display appropriate and customary credit lines on any Submission displayed or otherwise featured in such media, however shall have no affirmative duty to do so.
Entrant agrees to release, indemnify, defend any party from any liability, any claim for damages, and/or law suit for or by reason of the mentioned submission as a result of any submission, revision, alteration or similar thereof.
The entrants also acknowledges and agrees and therefore covenants not to sue or make any claim against any party related to an entrant’s submission or any individual participation or involvement in the Competition in any way whatsoever, or any use thereof, and therefore:
- Under no circumstances shall or can the Entrant be entitled to any award for any loss or any damages, which include attorneys’ fees.
- Any dispute, claim and legal action arising from or connected with this Competition, or any prizes awarded or potentially awarded therein, shall be resolved without resort to any form of legal action or class action.
- Should an entrant choose to bring a claim against [archasm]™ or it’s agents the entrant shall pay the [archasm]™ or any party’s reasonable attorneys’ fees and its legal costs arising from the claim should it fail.
- Nothing herein will constitute a waiver of the entrants or participant legal rights or any rights any party may have to take against the entrant or participant.
[archasm]™ shall not be liable for any law suit or claim against any of it’s judges or selector panel emanating from their professional conduct or otherwise.
Unless clearly stated, all Competitions are design concept only and do not imply in a way, an intention for the proposals to be constructed or built unless.
[archasm]™ reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.